District Salary Advancement: YesYou’ll find our personalized courses will match your teaching needs! All TPAI courses are accredited (HLC / North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) and will help Alabama teachers with salary advancement.
*Please follow your district’s pre-approval steps/requirements.
State License Renewal: YesThe following information is from the Vermont’s Agency of Education.
Information in this color shows how TPAI courses support Vermont teachers.
Educator license Renewals
“Academic courses for credit” will count toward required hours.
1) In order to be approved, professional learning activities submitted for license/endorsement renewal/reinstatement shall:
a) result in new learning and
b) relate directly to the knowledge and performance standards of the endorsement(s) being renewed/reinstated and/or to the Core Teaching Standards for Vermont Educators and/or Core Leadership Standards for Vermont Educators;
2) Professional learning credit/hours may be awarded for activities that are paid or unpaid and required by the school/district or self-selected.
3) A credit is a unit of measure assigned by a local or regional standards board, or the Licensing Office, to professional learning activities other than academic credit bearing courses that meet standards for relicensure/reinstatement. Fifteen (15) clock hours of professional learning is equivalent to one (1) credit. Credit applies equally toward relicensure/reinstatement requirements.
4) The minimum contact time required for relicensure credit to be accrued is one (1) hour.
5) Preapproval of professional learning activities is suggested but not required.
6) Level I renewals require three credits (45 hours) of professional learning in the endorsement area. One of the three credits (15 hours) must align with the knowledge and performance standards of the endorsement.−Level II seven (7) year renewals require nine credits (135 hours) of professional learning in the endorsement area. Three of the nine credits (45 hours) must align with the knowledge and performance standards of the endorsement.
Level II five (5) year renewals require six credits (90 hours) of professional learning in the endorsement area. Two of the six credits (30 hours) must align with the knowledge and performance standards of the endorsement.
7) Credits earned by an educator during a licensure cycle may be used if applicable to address professional learning requirements to renew multiple endorsements and also both Level I and Level II licenses.
[1-semester credit equals 15 renewal points. One 3-credit course equals 45 renewal points.]
[All TPAI courses are at graduate level.]For further information, see the State of Vermont Agency of Education.