District Salary Advancement: Yes
You’ll find our personalized courses will match your teaching needs! All TPAI courses are accredited (HLC / North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) and will help Missouri teachers with salary advancement.
*Please follow your district’s pre-approval steps/requirements.
State License Renewal: Yes
The following information is from the Missouri Department of Education.
Information in this color shows how TPAI courses support Missouri teachers.
Upgrading from the initial certificate to career certificate:
The classification, Initial Professional Certificate (IPC) or Initial Career Education Certificate (ICEC), is valid for four years from the date of issuance. Any additional areas(s) of certification issued during the valid dates of this classification will fall under the same classification regardless of the certificate effective date. Therefore, all areas of certification under the IPC classification will have the same expiration date.
During the four years that you hold this classification, you need to complete the following requirements before you can upgrade to a Career Continuous Professional Certificate (CCPC) or Continuous Career Education Certificate (CCEC), both valid for 99 years:
1. Complete four years of Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) approved teaching experience.
2. Participate in a district-provided mentoring program for two years. Your school will assign an appropriate teacher to be your mentor;
3. Successfully complete 30 contact hours of professional development for an IPC upgrade; successfully complete 90 contact hours of professional development for an ICEC upgrade. This may include college credits (One semester hour equals 15 contact hours of professional development);
4. Participate in a beginning teacher assistance program offered by a Missouri college or university, Regional Professional Development Center (RPDC), or professional teacher organization such as MNEA, MSTA, MAESP, or MOASSP;
5. Successfully participate in your employing school’s annual Performance Based Teacher Evaluation process; and
6. Develop and implement a professional development plan that is on file with the district.
[All TPAI courses are at graduate level.]
For further information, see the Missouri Department of Education.