District Salary Advancement: YesYou’ll find our personalized courses will match your teaching needs! All TPAI courses are accredited (HLC / North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) and will help Massachusetts teachers with salary advancement. *Please follow your district’s pre-approval steps/requirements.
State License Renewal: YesThe following information is from the Massachusetts Department of Education.
Information in this color shows how TPAI courses support Massachusetts teachers.Massachusetts Teacher License Renewal (five-year):
Educators and supervisors will work together to create an Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP).Individuals with a Massachusetts professional license must earn at least 150 professional development points (PDPs) every five years.
1-semester credit TPAI graduate credit = 22.5 PDP / 3-semester course = 67.5 PDP
- At least 15 PDPs in content (subject matter knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs in pedagogy (professional skills and knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs related to Sheltered English Immersion (SEI), English as a Second Language (ESL) or bilingual
- At least 15 PDPs related to training in strategies for effective schooling for students with disabilities and the instruction of students with diverse learning styles
- The remaining required 90 PDPs may be earned through any combination of elective activities that address other educational issues and topics that improve student learning.
[All TPAI courses are at graduate level.]For further information, see the Massachusetts Department of Education. Also, see the Massachusetts Teachers Association License Renewal Information